on Supersonic flight

An interesting article on Boom supersonic, who I've been aware of for a few years and seems to be making steady progress in developing a new SST: ‘We just have to build it’: Why Concorde’s successor is eyeing supersonic flights to America

I particularly like the CEO's comments regarding the ecoloons who think we could go back to a diet of turnips and living in hovels:

 “There are some people who look at this and say, ‘Well, I guess we should all have less things. We should use less energy, we should go to fewer places.’ There’s been a lot of virtue-signalling and it’s very depressing.

“I believe in a future of abundance. I believe the north star is human flourishing and that we should build a future in which more people can go to more places more often.” 

Having missed the chance to fly on Concorde I hope they can deliver and develop the Overture.

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On murder stats

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!