On a final weekend in London- filled with art

I finally moved out of my London flat on Sunday, for the last 4 months it has been mainly empty due to my new job back in Kent so I've only been using it for weekends. I drove back Friday night and after a final fry-up in the local cafe, I went to a nearby vintage fair, before heading into the city center.

The main thing I did was check out the Yayoi Kusuma x Verscae collaboration at Harrods, for which the outside of the store has been covered in dots, and a giant statue of her erected:




They also had a (slightly creepy) animatronic robot of her as well:
 

Later on, I went to a PopUp Painting class, where I created this:

I haven't painted for a while, and not in acrylic before but I was pleased with the overall result. Sunday I was packing up the final bits and cleaning the flat before dropping the keys back at the estate agents. Overall I was renting in London for 18 months, and while it was nice to be able to do stuff in the evenings and weekends am glad to be back in Kent.






Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats