On a weekend in Lille.

I had a pleasant weekend away, Lille is a small city and two days was just about enough time to fit in everything I wanted to do. 

The Eurostar from London got me there at about half 11, and my hotel was a short walk away. After checking in a dropping off my stiff I went exploring, visiting the nearby Musée des Canonniers de Lille, which had some cool artillery pieces outside and passable English descriptions.

After a walk around looking for lunch in the afternoon, I visited the Musee de l’hospice comtesse, Notre-Dame-de-la-Treille Cathedral, and Palais des Beaux-Arts, before having dinner. I suspect the restaurant gave me the wrong dish though, I'd ordered a veal escalope but it looked and tasted more like a regular steak. On the way back to the hotel I got some Belgian Kriek and relaced in my room

On Sunday morning I went to the modern art gallery and then had a walk around the citadel before having lunch and taking the train home. Here are a few photos I took:
















Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats