On this weekends shenanigans

 As I'd previously mentioned, it was my brother's stag do this weekend just gone. I've been busy planning this with the other best man for the past few months, it was postponed once due to Covid and numerous guests dropped out for various reasons. In the end though it all turned out fine and he had a great time.

I picked him up Friday afternoon and drove to the south coast city we'd chosen. Was a minor incident on the way down; I got a stone chip on my windscreen. A chunk of glass a quarter-inch square flew out of the bottom of the screen and 3 inch long cracks formed. Thankfully the chip didn't go all the way through the glass so it's still drivable. I couldn't get an appointment to get it replaced down there so it'll be fixed this weekend coming up.

On arriving at the hotel we up met the rest of the group and went out for the evening. I'd booked a German-style beerhall that had 2-pint steins and a yardlong hotdog challenge, with we got the stag. There was a 45-minute time-limit to finish it in and he did it in 41! He was sick later on though. We went to another bar later on but I started to fall asleep there, went back to the hotel around 2am and I was out like a light.

Saturday morning we took it easy and had brunch at a Weatherspoons. In the afternoon we had 2 activities planned, Zorb football and Combat archery. Both were good fun and resulted in a number of bruises. That night I had prepared the stag a special outfit consisting of a rainbow coloured tutu, personalised football shirt, and pink fishnet gloves. He did look lovely! We went for a curry then a brewpub. Here we did another activity (that I got from another stag do I went on a few years ago)- I'd prepared a number of questions on his missus, and bought a load of shots. If he got the q. right he could pass on the shot. However, if he got it wrong, he had to drink it. He got 3 questions right so had to do 5 shots. We also had a set of dare cards, which the loser of the thumb game had to pick from. These resulted in many humorous moments.  I managed to stay awake until the end of the evening this time!

Finally on Sunday we headed back, the return journey was fine apart from witnessing a pheasant get run over on the motorway. Altogether I drove 313 miles there and back! Was a fun weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats