On A news story close to home

 This story struck me for a number of reasons- Police search for British woman, 28, who vanished four days ago in Japan.

For starters she lives in Yokohama, furthermore she works for the same company I used to.

Hope she turns up safe and sound, however this isn't the first time an English teacher has disappeared in Kanagawa. There seems to be something about that prefecture, not long after I moved there a man was found to be keeping a dead body in his freezer (in the next town over from where I lived), and a few months before I left a woman was stabbed in the street near my local station! It was most bizarre seeing helicopter footage of my area on the TV.

Updated 12/07/21: Saw today she was found dead. RIP

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats