Something for the weekend 8

 This week's track, a classical performance from the anime hibike! euphonium

I partly chose this as I was watching Trooping the Colour earlier and it reminded me of this performance. One of the things I liked about Japan is how teenagers are encouraged (forced in some schools) to take part in afterschool clubs like this orchestra, which keeps them occupied and from getting into trouble, as well as transmitting cultural skills. I would like schools in the UK to be able to offer similar programs (beyond sports teams).

I also chose this as it is nearly two years now since the Kyoto Animation arson attack, in which many of these talented animators were killed. I have long been a fan of the studio for the effort it puts into its tv shows and films, especially their attention to detail, such as the fingerwork as the performers play, lighting and colouration. To me, this scene is one of the best they ever produced.

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats