On futility

 On Friday I got up early to drive to Essex for a job interview, repeating the event of the previous week when I had a similar trip to East London. Each trip ending in disappointment, with nothing to show for my time and effort apart from a toll receipt for the Dartford Crossing and a higher petrol bill on my credit card. 

It has been roughly a year since I began applying for non-teaching roles in the UK. In that time I've had numerous interviews but never any joy, always getting the 'you were good but we picked someone with more relevant experience' answer. I'm reaching the point now where I'm thinking it is pointless to keep applying for these roles. With that in mind, I've done a few applications for ESL roles, and have another interview on Tuesday for a job in Budapest. I'm still not sure if I want to keep teaching but a year in Europe does seem tempting right now...

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats