On getting the Covid vaccine

I had my first dose of the (Oxford-Astrazeneca) vaccine on Monday at 7:15pm. The set up at the local civic centre was very efficient, I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. I felt fine when I got home, however, I woke up in the middle of the night shivering uncontrollably. The rest of the night alternated between feeling freezing cold and boiling hot. I ended up taking the day off work (which being an agency worker meant I didn't get paid), sleeping through most of it. Weirdly I found taking paracetamol warmed me up and when they wore off the shivers returned. Luckily today I felt fine, although my injected arm still feels a bit stiff. 

This experience seems to tally with family members and neighbours, I'd say roughly half felt no effects while those who had effects similar to mine had them for up to two days. I had heard that people who've had covid previously had worse side effects, which makes me wonder if I didn't actually have it while in Taiwan. Before it all blew up I had a bad case of flu in December 2019, )influenza A according to the nasal swab the Taiwanese doctor did), but really lingered for a few weeks and I felt breathless for a good month afterwards (esp. going up stairs).

I'm supposed to have my second dose on July 11th, hope I don't have a similar reaction again!

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats