On being 1/5th right

 Looks like I called 1 out 5 correctly: Royal Navy formally announces the names of the ‘inspiration class’ Type 31 frigates

I'll admit that when I saw that headline I did worry we were going to get some feeble woke names, maybe HM ships Inspiration, Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Solidarity, but thankfully we got some historic ones: 

According to the RN, names have selected to represent key themes around future missions. Forward deployment of ships around the globe to protect UK interests – HMS Active. Operations in the North Atlantic – HMS Bulldog. The Future Commando Force – HMS Campbeltown. Aircraft carrier operations – HMS Formidable. Technology and innovation – HMS Venturer.

Not bad, although I'd have preferred a common theme or first letter scheme. I guess the fleet is going to be of a size that these themes won't be worthwhile so they are just going to use whatever they fancy. Now we just need to get them built and into service.


Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats