Video of the day- The Tragedy of Katie Glass

Following on from my post yesterday, this segment from the Lotus Eaters explains a lot of what has gone wrong, specifically the messages given to young people that have to lead to them not settling down and starting a family.
Like Carl, I also sympathize with and can relate to her. However, while I also worked in London I did the 'sensible thing and bought a house in a town an hour away by train and commuted in daily. I, therefore, didn't take part in the London nightlife scene but would usually socialize with friends in my hometown at weekends.

Despite this, I still found it hard to meet someone to settle down with and start a family, even though I already had my own home and had thought about my long-term plans in a way Carl suggest Katie (and his younger self) hadn't.

This lead in part to me deciding to roll the dice and move to Asia, hoping that I might meet someone there to marry. My failure to do so over 5 years again caused me to reconsider this plan and come back to the UK, now 40 and still alone and struggling to decide what to do next.


Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats