On the beginnings of an EU army?

 European Union forms own 10,000 strong ‘uniformed service’

As the article states it's a border and coast guard force, but could lead to one.

No mention of what (if any) vessels the coast guard side will have. I assume that initially it will support and work with national forces, but imagine with time it will supplant and take them over.

This also ties in with my own thoughts on the case for an integrated UK coast guard, a draft article about which I am working on.

Altogether this news is another reason to be glad we are out, my main motive for voting leave was because I did not want the UK to end up a province of a federal Europen superstate. 

I suspect over the next few years the drive for more centralisation will accelerate. 

Comments

Popular Posts

On covid-19 death statistics

On what if scenarios: London goes boom!

On murder stats